Thursday, July 11, 2013

Quick Fix: Two Easy Kitchen Updates - Chalkboard & Curtains { No Cost }


The first project was a new chalkboard, just because :) My mom gave me her old calendar holder. Have you ever seen these? So I spray painted the frame white first.

Then I got out my quart of Rustoleum Chalkboard paint and applied it with a sponge brush this time instead of my mini roller because I wanted to get it as close to the edges as possible without touching. Then I used a small brush to finish the edges under the frame. And that's it! I love it, I think its cuter than my old one and it's kinda neat that this used to hang in my mom's kitchen and now it's hanging in mine after I updated it.

Next "project" took just a few minutes but seriously made SUCH a difference and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. I have these cheap Ikea curtains in the kitchen that I just threw up with clips. They looked sloppy and hit the floor in sections.

So I did a faux pinch pleat of sorts - I just eyeballed it and clipped pleats evenly across. Now they hang nice and straight and do not touch the floor. When they are closed and the dining area is clean (ha!) it seriously looks so nice and stream lined now. It makes a difference to ME :)

So there you have it! Two quick fixes. (Sorry the pic is dark - I do not know how to get them right with big windows in the pic!)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Rebecca.....that curtain trick is genius!! I love when curtains are gathered like that but never want to take the time to sew them that way myself. I have some little hooks in garage....I may have to try that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know it was so easy and it looks so much better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!