Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Summer 2012 Living Room Decor

Here is a tour of my current living room as promised! It has been really fun adding a new color that I've never used before and incorporating my summer vacation souviners.
Make sure you look all the way through for a list of sources for things found in this room.

When you first walk in, this is what you see.


This is the coffee filter wreath I made last year and I just switch out the ribbon every holiday/season.



This is another bigger coffee filter wreath I made this week specifically for this space. These curtains were not here during my spring tour, I will post later how we made this extra long curtain rod from scratch! These adorable pillows were the start of it all as far as adding more color into my living room. I'm just loving this pop of aqua!

Added this aqua stripe frame using an old wood craft frame and recovering it with scrapbook paper.

This is where most of my vacation shopping went. Found these lovely blue Ball canning jars, fish plate, votive holders, bowl, and boxwood ball all in one successful trip!



Here are my sand and seashell souviners I collected at a fraction of the Pottery Barn cost.


Standing at the other end of the room, this is what you see.


Here is the funny "nook/ledge/space" I never know what to do with.

Covered decorative balls with aqua tissue paper.

More ribbon to pull in the color.

And lastly, more beautiful sand, seashell, and driftwood souviners from the ocean.

GET THE LOOK: Click on each item below for buying information.

4"-5" Real Bleached White Starfish like this one on Ebay
Blue Ball Canning Jars and Fish Plate - thrifted
Crate and Barrel Parker Light Blue Mini Bowl (both tealight holders and bowls on sale right now!)

To see my Coffee Filter Wreath tutorial click here
To see my tutorial on mod-podging scrapbook paper to wood go here
To see where I got the beach sand and driftwood look here or for the inspiration look here or here
To see how my living room has changed since Spring enjoy here


1 comment:

  1. Love the sea shells. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!