Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pinned and Tried: DIY Boxwood Wreath with B&W Stripe Bow

A little bit ago, I was perusing images of DIY boxwood wreaths on Pinterest. I've been wanting a nice green wreath for my front door that would work all year long, for every season. For some reason, boxwood wreaths are insanely expensive and I've always wanted one but would never pay for one. I came across one image with a black and white striped bow and fell in love. Also, the bow gave me an idea: change it out for seasons/holidays and I would have the ultimate wreath that I would never have to worry about changing, storing, and I could get rid of all my other ones that take up so much space in the garage- triple win! 
The inspiration came from this picture here. I used an old wreath form I already had, I bought two boxwood garlands from Joann when they had a great sale, and I bought 1 yard of black and white striped ribbon. I just attached the garland to the form using twist ties starting from the inside and worked my way around and out. The bow is just clipped on so I can easily change it out. Here is how mine turned out:


Love. (We really need to paint that trim- yikes). As you can see it is a lovely rainy Spring day today.



I hope you enjoyed my DIY Boxwood wreath! ~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!