Saturday, February 25, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Well in that set there was a pair of empty studs (the gems had fallen out). The other day I was wearing a brown top that had sort of antique bronze colored buttons. I didnt want to wear gold of silver because they clashed and I decided I needed some brown colored earrings.
I took the empty studs, found just a tiny scrap of brown satin cord and with my hot glue gun went to work making little "rosettes". It worked great! And of course, didn't cost me a thing :)
Whatd'ya think? Have you ever made earrings before?
Thursday, February 16, 2012
After using the Loreal Voluminous I started liking it more because it got less clumpy. It did a good job and was a good price. When I ran out I decided to take it a step further and find out if what J-Lo claimed on the Loreal commercials was really true.
Holy. Lashes. LOVE it. I am so excited I have finally found an awesome mascara! It's all true!!!! Not only do they make my lashes look amazing, I can build my coverage from casual to dramatic as much as I want and the brush is crazy- it's like a ton of tiny needles that run through and separate each lash for incredible definition and make them look almost false. ( did anyone else use needles to separate their lashes as a teenager? Or was it just crazy me? My mom told me that tip by the way, so its not just me!)
This is an affordable, drug store product that you can buy with coupons or discounts which is even better.
I highly recommend this mascara. I give it 5 out of 5 and I am so happy to say my quest is finally over!!!
Has anyone else used this product? What mascara do you love?
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
My S-I-L is back with another guest post today. Hope you enjoy!
Hey thanks...I am so excited to share this cute project with you today. I fell in love with the valentine envelope chair backers at Pottery Barn this year. I just had to have them. And then I multiplied the number in my fam by $20 and laughed. So here is my version. I made them with my friends and they came out to $1.50 a piece. So grab some friends and get sewing!
½ yard white felt
1 small piece of red felt for heart
2 yards 1 ½ “ Red ribbon cut to 30” and fray checked at ends
4 DMC 321 Red Embroidery Floss use all six strands
1 DMC White Embroidery Floss use all six strands
Cut 1 rectangle 14"x19"
Cut 2 triangles like this:
Cut 2 hearts out. About 3.5"
Get Ready here we go!
1. Sew across the 14” side of the rectangle using ½ “ seam allowance. You only have to do it to one side.2. Put the rectangle in front of you with the sewn side closest to you. Take the sewn side and fold it up ¾” below the top.
3. Using ½” seam allowance sew around the 3 edges. DO NOT SEW ACROSS TOP.
4. Pick your favorite font and size for your names. I used good old "Marker Felt".
5. Using pencil, lightly trace the name onto one of the triangles.6. Embroider the name using your favorite stitch.
I used the Stem stitch found here
7. When you are done embroidering the name, place the triangle on top of the other triangle you cut. Using ½” seam allowance sew the triangle together on the two bottom parts not across the top.8. It’s time for your red running stitches. Go around the sides and bottom of the envelope and all three sides of the triangle. Keep your running stitch 1/8” of an inch or closer to the sew lines. There is no sewn line on the triangle top so just draw and imaginary line connecting the sides of the triangle make sure it is 3/4" from the top.
9. Put your envelope in front of you. Take your ribbon and fold in half. Shiny side out. Pin it into place where you want it (I had to look at the rungs on my chair to make sure they would tie right). Mine are about 2 inches in on either side.
10. Sew across the top through the triangle, ribbon and envelope. Make sure to keep the running stitch on the inside like the others.
11. Use your pinking shears and go all the way around the chair backer.
12. Use a blanket stitch to go around the red hearts. The top of the heart will attach to the envelope and the rest will be just a blanket stitch on the heart. I started in the middle on the top and worked my way back around.
Thanks for letting me share! Now go stuff those cute envelopes full of love. Beware that some boys that want to leave a love note might leave something like I got last night.
Happy Val Day!