Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ode to Sisterly {craft} Love.

I'd like to take a few moments, if I may, and write about two people who inspire me. My brothers married some amazing women. Not only are they beautiful, smart, and talented, they love their husbands and families, have four and five children, teach them well, AND still have time to craft!!! Our family had a wonderful opportunity to spend the weekend together (all 20 of us!) and my sisters-in-law each surprised me with some little lovely gifts they crafted.

Sis N, mother of five, made beautiful little flower hair clips. They look like peonies and she made them in tons of wonderful different colors.

But what I loved most and thought was genius (!) was the simple little slits on the back: with these little slits you can slip the flowers onto clips, headbands, bracelets/ribbons, and brooch pins. It's four things in one! Thanks, N :) The girls and I love to wear them.

Sis K, mother of four, is one of the two people who read my blog. (lol). Do you remember when I blogged about my love for THESE architectural letter drawings I found in the Ballard Designs catalogue?


Steinbruber Alphabet Giclee Print


Well, Sis K loved them too. I'm not going to go into the detail of how she tracked them down, but the fact is she DID, copied my last initial onto spiffy paper, handmade a chunky black frame for it, and presented it to moi. Can I just say: I LOVE. it. (And I couldnt believe it. Still can't).
Thank you, K. You ALWAYS come through for me :) I will treasure it for-evah!!!
I'm so grateful for awesome Sis-in-laws~ A: that goes for you too!
xoxo, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!