Saturday, September 26, 2009

I LOVE GARAGE SALES

Today on the way home from the gym I saw a few garage sale signs..............I had to check them out. Just to SEE....... I only had about 5 bucks in my wallet, but I thought I'd see if there was anything good..................
I got a really pretty robe (not pictured) a nice black cardigan with flowers, a classic white cotton Old Navy top that I think is new, a cute teal colored top with pretty sequin things around the neckline, a little ceramic bunny to replace the one my husband broke last Easter as he was putting the decorations away....................
And the COUP DE GRAS: a table that matches THIS! This is my very most favorite table I own and one of my favorite pieces of furniture because of it's history. This table belonged to my father's mother that she bought back in the 50's with food stamps when the country had fallen on hard times. I remember seeing it in her house when I was growing up. When she passed away my father gave it to me and it has been a staple in my home since I've been married. I've always looked for another one exactly like it so I could have a pair, every antique store, garage sale, etc, to no avail. Well, today my garage saleing really paid off!!! At the very last sale on the way home, I stopped and immediately saw a table that looked just like what I thought was like my grandma's table. I couldn't believe it. I asked the lady what she was asking for it- I ran to my car to grab my wallet because I didn't know if I had any money left. She was asking $5 but I only had $3 and get this- she took it! I could NOT believe it. I snatched up that thing so fast! I didn't even tell her what a find this was or how she was getting rid of a great antique table!
So the garage sale one has chipping paint all over it and I am going to strip it and re-stain it to match my original. I am SO excited!!! I never thought I would have a PAIR of favorite tables!!! This is the stuff shopper-hunters like me dream of!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so amazing and awesome!! I am so happy for you! I love finding an awesome treasure. I've been meaning to blog some of my fav garage sale/thrifted finds. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!