Thursday, November 21, 2013

Burlap Frames and Thanksgiving Art.

This project was inspired by a picture I saw on Craft Warehouse Blog:


Barnwood Trio Project































I LOVE these barnyard frames, the burlap, and the clips which make it easy to switch things in and out. Very rustic chic looking, don't you think?   

I also considered covering my mats in burlap like these ones from Pottery Barn:

Multi-Mat Frames

But ultimately the ease of switching out pictures without having to open the frame every time and risk wearing out the tabs in the back won out. I like to change this certain frame with the months and seasons so this just made sense.

For this project I wanted to use only things that I already had. I've had these little clips since I was a kid, it's a miracle they're still around! But super fun being able to use them. I spray painted two black.


Then I just hot glued burlap to the cardboard that came with the frames. I originally had wanted to use the darker color burlap but I was just about an inch too short (bummer!) So I used this lighter color but I ended up loving it and I think it might work better for all year long - the other color looks very "fallish" to me. If you do this, make sure you pull the burlap very tight before gluing so there's no waves and it also takes care of folds/wrinkles.


Then I just placed them in the frames, measured and hot glued the clips and that's it!
I got this print and sillhouette last year on clearance from here and here. The be thankful print is no longer available but she has some other cute ones like this:

I love how they turned out.


Hope you are enjoying this season of Giving Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!