Monday, September 7, 2015

Fabric Pumpkins {DIY Easy No Cost Project}

This project has been on my pinterest to-do list since last Autumn. Since we had the day off and needed something to do, I decided the kids could help me do it. They each made 4 pumpkins mostly all by themselves with a little help from me. The pumpkins turned out so cute and it's super fun when you can make something entirely with stuff you already have and don't spend any money.

I followed the tutorials from here and here.

 I just grabbed fabric scraps from my stash in Autumn-ish colors in oranges, blacks and browns and let the kids pick which ones they wanted to use. Each one is different and I love that we made these together and they can play with them and they do double duty as decorations too. I love having meaningful "decor" rather than just junk you buy to fill up space.






I hope you are enjoying your Labor day holiday. Are you doing anything to get ready for the changing season?
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!