Monday, July 23, 2012

Before and After: Master Bathroom

I have been working on our master bathroom. I was going to wait to post pictures until it was COMPLETELY finished, but who knows when or if that's ever going to happen :) Ideally, I would love to change the light fixtures, frame the mirror or put up a different one, add beadboard, replace the floors, do some stenciling in the little toilet space and replace the door with a pocket door. But for now, I love the way it turned out.

Here are some BEFORE pictures we took before we bought it:




This was when I decided to paint and had to make sure I got a pic of that lovely purple flower wallpaper border before I took it off!

This was the first coat of paint. When it comes to wall colors, I love neutrals. I'm not a huge blue person, but I loved the idea of a blueish gray for the bathroom. I fell in love with Benjamin Moore's Glass Slipper, however that is an old color which I couldn't find a paintchip for. So then I saw a picture of Woodlawn Blue on pinterest and someone had written that it was a good substitute. I did have a paintchip for that one so I decided to go for it. This is how it turned out :


A little too bright blue and not enough gray for me. Not what I was going for and hubs didn't care for it either. So I went back to my paintchip stash and found one that I had originally liked before we even moved in when I was picking colors, one that my dad had picked out for me. I should have listened in the first place to dear old dad :) 

This color is Benjamin Moore's Coventry Gray and we LOVE it. I was nervous because it looked very gray on the chip and in the store and I'm not a huge gray person either. But once it was on the walls, it's  very blueish gray. It looks great with black or espresso, it feels very "metro" and modern to me. You could also go the other way and do very white, silver and beachy.
We did replace the towel bar and hand towel rings with a satin nickel finished, beaded hardware. It looks really great. (You can see the bar still in the package in the pic below :) ) They are Better Homes and Garden brand and were on clearance at Walmart. (Score!) I still have not got the guts up to buy the matching vanity light sconce for $45. I'm just SURE I can get one cheaper on Ebay!?!?




The monogrammed hand towels were from Kohl's on clearance which I bought with one of those awesome $10 Kohl's cash thingies you get in the mail. So they were basically free. I love the espresso wood frame above the towel bar, I think the brown and blue combo looks great. It is an art print of one of me and hub's favorite Renoir paintings which we saw in the Musee de'Orsay a' Paris :) The rug (you can't really see) in front of the vanity is one I got along time ago from Target that has the blue, brown, and black colors that works so well in here. 


So there you have it. And once again for kicks, here is the BEFORE:

And the AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!