Monday, February 25, 2013

Getting Organized: My Home Cleaning Schedule

Last week I came across a pin on pinterest about making a weekly cleaning schedule that works for you. Basically taking 15 minutes a day and tackling one chore each day to keep your home maintained. It inspired me to type up a new list for myself and I am satisfied with what I came up with, especially knowing it should be realistic and what works for me.
I took the idea I saw on pinterest and combined it with two other lists I have- one from Martha Stewarts book on housekeeping and one from a Real Simple 2005 magazine. Here is what I came up with, my master cleaning schedule from each day to every year. Feel free to print this for your own personal use!


WEEKLY CLEANING SCHEDULE
MON: 
All laundry, fluff pillows
Dust & vacuum thoroughly
TUES:
Kitchen, wipe down all surfaces, disinfect counters & sink, mop floor
WED:
Clean upstairs bathroom
THURS:
Organize papers, desks, file
FRI:
Clean downstairs bath (kids)

MONTHLY
vacuum upholstery
wipe/disinfect trash cans
disinfect doorknobs
dust ceiling fans
wipe down cabinet fronts
clean inside microwave
clean out magazines
wipe windows

3-6 MONTHS
flip mattresses
launder pillows
clean window treatments
clean out fridge, vacuum coil
dust baseboards
scrub shower/tub
launder rugs, mats
vacuum lamp shades

YEARLY
clean inside of cabinets
scrub tile grout
touch up paint, wood floors
clean carpets

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!