Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Can Make That: Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma Knock Off Hurricanes in Two Easy Steps! (No Cost)

I've had these hurricanes for a while. They are Threshold and I got them on Target clearance for $5 a piece. I've never been too sure of the shiny silver, though. It's not really my style. When I saw The Pioneer Woman's reveal of her new office space and I noticed the Pottery Barn Jameson Hurricanes with the beautiful rustic style, the lightbulb went off! I could make mine look like that!

I simply covered the glass with newspaper, taping in place, inside and out. I lucked out, it was easy to slip the newspaper under the silver parts so it got covered well with paint.



I used an indoor/outdoor black satin spray paint I had on hand. I had to go over it twice in some spots.



And there you have it. Love them so much more now.



This is the picture from The Pioneer Woman that inspired me:



The Pottery Barn Jameson Hurricanes:



And right before I posted this I came across some almost identical in style to mine from Williams Sonoma, the Disc Hurricane for a whopping $79!

I hope this inspires you to go spray paint something you like and make it into something you love this week :)
~Rebecca

Linking to: http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2014/10/inspire-please-linky-party-30/

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!