Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another idea from Crate and Barrel: Hurricane filler

You might remember this fun idea from two holidays ago which I stole from the Crate and Barrel store. Well I couldn't wait to go again and see all the lovely displays for this holiday.
Well they did it again, using the hurricane and adapting it to the season. Here is the next idea stolen from my visit. (sorry for the bad pic). It is supposed to look like *snow*.
Can you guess what it is???



Sea salt! What a great, organic, easy way to "fake" snow in some pretty glass containers!
Of course they were selling theirs in pretty packaging for 10 bucks, but you can pick this up for about $2 at the local grocery. I only used a fraction of the container and my husband uses this for cooking! If I didn't have kids, I'd be tempted to just scatter it around all decorated surfaces for that fun "fallen snow" look!
Happy December!

1 comment:

  1. omg what I GREAT idea!! love the holiday changes to the blog! I can't wait to see more of your decor!

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!