Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pinned & Tried: Triple Canvas Whale Art {low cost project}


 I started by opening up my pin on the computer screen so I could look at it while drawing free hand with a pencil on the canvases.


I then mixed three basic colors I wanted to use to match the colors in the bath and make it customized to my taste. I added a little brown to the gray, a little blue to the turquoise and a little red and white to the yellow. 


 After drawing, I painted and then went over it with a second coat.


And this is how it turned out! I LOVE it. It's super fun for my super fun kiddos and it makes me smile every time I walk past their bathroom.

This project cost me $1.50 for one bottle of the acrylic paints. Everything else I had on hand or was given to me. Score!

5 comments:

  1. Wow it looks so good! I can't believe you painted that free hand! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool. Love the clean graphic impact.
    Thanks for sharing, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!! Please share at our Pinterest Challenge going on now:
    http://www.happygoluckyblog.com/2012/07/pinterest-challenge-its-time-to-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up! Your project was chosen as one of our favorites! Woohoo!! Come grab a featured button and start planning your next Pinterest project so you can join us again in August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to share the Pinterest Challenge link where you are featured!!

    http://www.pinterestchallenge.com/2012/07/julys-top-pick-and-featured-projects.html

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!