Tuesday, May 29, 2012
For this project I used two bags of moss from the Dollar tree, a raffia/hay wreath I found at a thrift store for $1, a hot glue gun with several glue sticks, and a leftover ribbon I had saved. Total cost with glue was about $3.50 plus tax.
NOTE: this takes alot of hot glue, I used 3 - 4 long glue sticks, or 6 - 8 regular size glue sticks.
Also note that this moss is VERY messy! It is the WORSE for messes so do it outside if you can. I did it in a box but I would recommend doing it in a box, outside!
I bought two different types of moss from the dollar tree because I wanted it green like the spanish bag but liked the look and texture of the other so I mixed them! To do this I emptied them into a grocery bag and took it outside and mixed them together inside the bag as best I could, kind of breaking it up and mixing.
Then I started hot gluing all around the front of the wreath in about 4 inch sections.
Another NOTE: You will burn yourself! So be prepared. After putting on the hot glue I would covered it wirh some moss and press down. Continue this all around the wreath in front, then back, then inside, and outside.
Next look it over and fill in any missing spots.
Then give it "haircut!" trimming any extra long or unruly pieces that stick out.
Then I took it outside and gave it a good shake. Don't be shy!
I found a nice wide piece of white ribbon in my stash for hanging. I decided it needed a lil' somethin' so I glued 3 little yellow apples that were also in my stash. I really wanted lemons but they were too big. This wreath would also look great with a single row of lemons around the front.
I hung it up and voila! It looks perfect! And it cost next to nothing, especially compared to what PB charges.
Do you love it as much as I do?!
Thanks for checking out my latest project!
Friday, May 25, 2012
It comes flat packed and I used wood glue to make it more sturdy. And I love it!!!
I can't wait to get started on my favorite craft: cardmaking! It's been WAY too long.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Our family has been blessed recently with not only a new wonderful sister-in-law (and one who is CRAFTY too!), but with a little niece on the way! We are so excited. So this SIL, Nicole, sent me these pictures of burp cloths she made and they were so cute I asked if I could post them on my blog. Thanks, Nicole!!!
She was first inspired by some cute cloths she saw on Pinterest like these HERE.
Then she picked out 5 different fabrics from Jo-Ann that were all on sale. She wanted to make two of each pattern.
Nicole purchased her burp cloths from Burlington Coat Factory (who knew?!) in a 10 pack for $12. That's $7 cheaper than Babies R us, woot, woot!
She brought them home and ironed them all out...
Here is the first one all finished and cute!
And here are all the finished burp cloths. They turned out so great! It took less than 2 hours for this project. I think it was totally worth it!
Way to go Nicole, and thanks so much for sharing your project with us!
Sewing for baby girls is just FUN :)
Monday, May 21, 2012
It's finally done. Yay! Here are a few "before" pictures we took when we first walked through the house. The actual style of the wallpaper wasn't horrible (I love stripes) but it was a hunter green and khaki which doesnt go with the fun style I wanted for my kids. Either way, it had to go because it was in bad shape. Not to mention if you needed a glimpse of yourself and you were wearing a striped shirt it was kind of psychedelic!
And finally, the finished result! I ended up scraping every square inch of these walls, it was exhausting. I'm so glad they only covered half of it! To color match the existing paint I actually took a small sample off the wall and took it to Ace. It was amazing how close it was!
This is a curtain I got from Pottery Barn on clearance years ago. I just love it and knew it would be great for boys AND girls. I actually had it up before in our last house during the PBkids alphabet line so I was inspired to paint the bottom half of the bathroom yellow then did the alphabet all around the room above the yellow. It was pretty cute!
And you can see my inspiration and how I made this art work in my last post HERE. It really adds that fun touch and personality needed for a great kids' space!
These are fun hand towels I got on clearance at Kohl's. When I saw them I had to get them, how perfectly do they match?!
Hello blog readers!
I hope you enjoyed another peek at our home! It's amazing what a little elbow grease, fresh paint and free or inexpensive accessories can do to a space.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
I had pinned this adorable canvas art awhile ago and now that the kid's bathroom is being updated, I was ready to do it! It was my first time trying out paint and canvas and it was alot of fun!
I started by opening up my pin on the computer screen so I could look at it while drawing free hand with a pencil on the canvases.
I then mixed three basic colors I wanted to use to match the colors in the bath and make it customized to my taste. I added a little brown to the gray, a little blue to the turquoise and a little red and white to the yellow.
After drawing, I painted and then went over it with a second coat.
And this is how it turned out! I LOVE it. It's super fun for my super fun kiddos and it makes me smile every time I walk past their bathroom.
This project cost me $1.50 for one bottle of the acrylic paints. Everything else I had on hand or was given to me. Score!
Check back next time to see their new updated bathroom!!!
Linking to these fun parties:
Linking to these fun parties: