Monday, September 29, 2014

Quick Fix: No sew up cycling a boys coat to a girls coat with flower embellishments

It's officially fall here. I went from wearing shorts last Thursday to needing to turn the heater on. It was time I went through the baby's clothes to see what kind of winter things she had. I found this little hoodie that belonged to her brother in perfectly good shape. But it needed some girly-ness. So I grabbed some fabric scraps and a hot glue gun (a hot glue gun???) and went to work.


If you've ever made fabric flowers before you know it's super easy. Just rip and roll, glueing as you go. Then I glued on top of the logo. I used hot glue because I am out of fabric glue, and seriously, have you ever accidentally gotten hot glue on your clothes? It's doesn't come off. So why not? C'mon, you know you've thought about it.


And there you have it.



And here is the "I'm-super-mad-that-you-would-even-think-about-putting-this-coat-on-me-right-now-so-I-am-gonna-fall-on-the-floor-and-throw-a-fit-but-I-don't-really-know-what-I-want-so-I'll-give-you-this-weird-smile-with-tears-in-my-eyes-while-you-make-funny-faces-at-me-so-you-can-get-a-picture" face. 



Have a super week! ~ Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!