Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day: An Easy Green Treat {Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies} and a cute little Leprechaun.

We were looking for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe and I love them soft. I always check allrecipes.com because of the reviews. I found this one with simple ingredients and tried it out. I simply added about 5 drops of green food coloring for a St Patricks Day treat that was fun for the kids and did it "cookie bar" style by throwing it into a 9x13 pan because I was short on time. They turned out perfect and oh so yummy and soft! They were a hit with everyone- 5 stars in my book!


Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from Allrecipes.com

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, soda and salt. In another bowl combine sugars, softened butter, shortening, and vanilla. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mix, add chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or add to greased 9x13 pan and bake 20 min.

AND...... just for fun, here are a few pics of our little cutie.





Happy St. Patrick's Day, don't forget to wear green!

1 comment:

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!