Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tickled Pink: Girl's Room

While looking through a Pottery Barn kids catalog, my girls pointed out this room to me. (Like mother, like daugher!) So dreaming of my someday house, I was thinking of how I could incorporate more color into their room and make it flow with the rest of the house.I love the plae blue walls with the pink. Then when I saw this little girls room at granvillehouse.blogspot.com, I have been obsessed. I love all the bright fun colors. Kids' rooms should be fun. So using these two ideas as inspiration, I am starting to incorporate little splashes of stronger color in their room.[april 2011 076 1[3].jpg]april 2011 116 1
Since I can't paint the walls where we're at, I started with what I could paint. First, this adorable little children's table and chairs set I found at a garage sale for $8. It is solid pine but needing a little TLC. Me and the girls went to Walmart to pick out paint. They chose a fun, bright pink Watermelon.

I sanded and sprayed, dried, and sprayed lots more.


Then I went thrifting for frames. I found this cutie for $1....

This awesome vintage one, and another great big one I forgot to take a picture of before.


I added some scrapbook paper I had inspired by the blue and bird from the PBkids picture. Isn't that frame perfect?!

And here's the big one. This was inspired by the one at granvillehouse. I used some more adorable scrapbook paper that had all the colors I am looking for. Then I found a crown at the Graphic Fairy blog and whipped up a sign I have been wanting in their room.

And here are the finished projects! I was just tickled pink with how they turned out! I LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I came across your blog on the link party at Delightful Order. I think I originally was looking at a little black dresser before and after and ended up looking through lots of your other post. Your daughter's room is soo cute!! I love the three different mirror above her bed. I just recently started blogging and one of my post is for a diy sunburst mirror very similar to your daughter's. Did you make that? Anyway, she wanted to say hi! I'm your newest follower. Pop by my blog if you get a chance and say hello. ~ Catie
    http://www.catiescorner2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!