Monday, July 4, 2011

A Happy 4th of July Pie!

We have a tradition of going blackberry picking on the 4th of July...

This year the pickin's were slim but we got just enough.....

For one delicious pie!!!
I have made many pies however, this was my first lattice- crust. And I did an egg wash, which was new to me, and I highly recommend it- the crust comes out looking perfectly golden and flaky. Mmm. I just use the pie crust recipe from the good ol' Betty Crocker Cookbook and substitute 3 cups blackberries for the blueberry pie recipe.
Picture perfect! AND delicious!

1 comment:

  1. It looks delish!! I have picked up some blackberries at the farmers' markets around here and they are so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!