Sunday, October 11, 2009

I JUST READ

I've always wanted to read the "Narnia" series. I've had this book, which is the first of the series, on my shelf for years. I made myself promise that I would not get any more books from the library until I'd read the ones on my shelves. I finally started this one and I really like it so far. Even thought it's written for "children," I think as an adult, there are many threads sewn throughout the stories that we can pick up on and help us understand the world around us better.
Post Script: one good thing about children's books is that they dont take long to read! I just finished it tonight. I can't wait to read the next one. It really was magical, adventurous, had the classic contrast between good and evil, and many parallels to Christian faith. I recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I love C.S. Lewis books! I can't wait for school to be over and I have more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did this really only take you like 2 days to read? I need a book like that right now.

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!