Monday, November 9, 2009

HALLOWEEN CANDY: LOVE/HATE


What to do with the leftovers?

Here are a few ideas I have gathered:

#1: Leftover snickers bars from Halloween make a delicious dessert. Simply
chop them up with the food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. Place them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!!! Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream.

#2: Bite size bars or chunks of chocolate from broken up bars and candies can be placed in the middle of poured cupcake batter. Bake as directed and when you bite into them, there is a delicious melted chocolately suprise!

#3: Make a "candy counter" ~ one piece of candy per child counting the days to Thanksgiving or Christmas. Hang on wall, ties with ribbons, etc...

#4: The best idea for mommy's hips, although may be devastating to children: Throw it away. Ahhh!

Do you have any other ideas???

3 comments:

  1. leftover candy! what's that?? I live with cookie monster. He is lucky there are Holidays like Halloween when I have candy in the house for him! But I love the first idea. What I plan to do as parent is a trick I am stealing from Mama Pea http://peasandthankyou.com/ which is that the kids pick their favorite 10 or whatever number candies and the rest they have to give to the candy fairy. Who in turn exchanges the candy for a small toy. The rest gets thrown out (in a place that Moms or kids will never see again lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Cookie Monster! Ahhh, again with the Fairy! Why didn't I think of that!!! We did the binkie fairy.... other fairies, why not the candy fairy? I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairies sure have a way of solving problems!lol

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!