Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Crafty Project: Pinewood Derby

So at our church, they have the Pinewood Derby for the Boy Scouts. And then they have the Pinewood Derby for the men. The dads, the boy scout leaders, the families. There are no rules. And we all get together, bring our cars, eat delicious food, and try to pretend not to care whether their car is the awesomest or not.
Well, this is what happens when you are a single mom of three young children while your husband is gone 14 to 16 hours a day studying for the bar.....

It's supposed to look like our van but after I painted it yellow I realized it looks like a bus and, well, it just adds to the humor.
I was nervous they wouldnt let me enter it cuz it's just a block with wheels, but everyone was impressed that I even showed up!
It was great. Everyone humored me and the kids loved it. We all stood on the sidelines and rooted for our car. The other moms rooted for the "mom car" too! I didn't win, but I had a fun time putting it together and using my mad acrylic painting skills!

This is the other thing you do alot of when the weather gets hot with 3 little ones....

Hope you had a nice weekend!



1 comment:

  1. That's cute! The things we do for our kids. :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!