Monday, June 6, 2011

Antique Side Tables Repainted and Updated

This is a table I inherited from my grandmother. I love this table. I think it is beautiful and it has sentimental value. I love how it looks old and is small and dainty but works well. I always thought it would be great to have two of them, so I could have a pair of matching end tables or nightstands. Being a garage saler and a thrifter, I always sort of kept this in the back of my mind and kept a look out for a similiar one.
Then, over a year ago, lo and behold, I FOUND ONE.

I brought them to my dad knowing he could help me refinish them since I knew nothing about this sort of thing. We originally wanted to restore their dark brown stain and original beauty, but the one I found was so far from it's original state with tons of cheap paint over it, etc and dad had spent so much more time than I ever expected or wanted him to working on this project, we decided to spray them white and lightly distress the edges after stripping them. I was really nervous at first since I'm not into painting lots of furniture, however.... I LOVE how they turned out. {Thank you dad for all your help!}


Finally, a matching pair!


Picture perfect.





Picture perfect. {L O V E}. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. These tables are so cute and look great! I can't beleive you found another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a black table just like that! How cool for you to find a matching one! I love the crisp white, great job!

    Megan

    New follower! Love for you to stop on over at http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

{Please do not post any personal information including family names, where I live, etc. And if you are not a registered user, please let me know who you are.} NOW... Tell me what you think!!